Sunday, November 24, 2013

Why I Am Never Buying An Xbox One

You were probably expecting a big long post here. There is no need. The reasons I am not buying an Xbox One are the same reasons I am not buying a PS4. If I am given either console before Christmas, I will sell it and buy presents for my family.

To me the new consoles are garbage. I don't care about the new games. As I said in my other article, I have been a gamer all my life and will continue to be one. But I am done with console gaming. I quit. Sony and Microsoft can go screw themselves!

I still remember how things went down. Microsoft screwed things up with one of the companies making parts for the Xbox, so the Xbox 360, using different architecture, was not able to be backwards compatible outside of emulation. Well they have no such excuse this time. This time they chose, they actually chose, to change the architecture again.

It seems to me that the two companies, Sony and Microsoft, are copying with each other, looking to the other seeing how they have dome something, and doing the same. One company is getting away with no backwards compatibility, so the other can. One company is getting away with online only multiplayer games, throwing out split-screen offline multiplayer, so the other can too. On and on.

I haven't checked, but I'll bet most of the games promised to be on the 360, like Elveon, never arrived. Sony does the same, releasing sequels to Japan only or worse, releasing the sequels to the US but never the first games in a series.

Enough ranting.  am investing my energy in my DREAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment