Monday, March 2, 2020

Dev Journal - 3-2-2020

So I have returned to Morrowind after nearly a decade away. Adding the Morrowind Modders section here at this blog. Started playing the game again. Building an account at Nexus Mods.

Returned to Valenwood today, and I realized a few things... First of all the scale is too big. Way too big. These huge boards that make up each platform aren't really in scale with the size of the NPCs and the characters. And I vaguely recall someone taking issue with the fancy armor and clothes I put on the NPCs. They were right. As well as whoever told me that the scale was off, if that vague memory is correct.

Secondly not so much a realization but a question. Why did I stop playing Morrwoind? Why did I leave the modding scene? I think part of it was that I was going through some internal changes. I would find that book on Lucid Dreaming at my local library and soon renounce my former Christian faith, only to then experience a belief systems crash. I would then start my first blog, fall in love with an anthropomorphic chipmunk (long story) and begin my second blog. I would also start playing the new Unreal Tournament and trying to penetrate into the new UnrealED. I started to build or finished building a new computer around this time, and spent a lot of time playing Venetica.

I can't remember if it was a conscious decision, or if I was drawn away like a cat transfixed by the next position of a laser pointer. Whatever happened, Valenwood remains unfinished, and I am not happy with the work I have done. I know, kind of, what I need to do with it. But now that I am using Blender and not 3DS Max, I am hesitant.

Will I ever fix Valenwood? Will I start over, or fix what's there? Where did all those years go? I am not sure. I will submit Valenwood to Nexus Mods sometime in the next few weeks. You can see Amaya Lodge there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment